Liquitab Systems Limited
1. How we collect your personal information
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the service, product or information you have requested from us.
In the course of providing you with products and services, Liquitab collects personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly. In some cases however, we may collect information about you from a third party. For example, if you are a supplier to Liquitab (Supplier) or distributor for Liquitab products (Distributor), or an employee of a Supplier or Distributor, we may also collect personal information about you from your employer or colleagues.
At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
Liquitab may collect personal information about you when you:
- purchase a Liquitab product;
- register your Liquitab product with us for warranty purposes;
- make a warranty claim or complaint about a Liquitab product;
- make an enquiry about our products or services;
- engage with our business and its employees in the course of receiving products or services from us;
- visit our website, myliquitab.com
- asked to be placed on one of our mailing lists; and
- supply goods or services to Liquitab.
2. What personal information we collect about you
If you are a customer of Liquitab or have otherwise purchased a Liquitab product, we may collect the following information about you:
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- credit card details; and
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you.
If you are a Supplier or Distributor, or an employee of a Supplier or Distributor, in addition to the information listed above, we may also collect details about the business that you represent.
In addition to the information set out above, when you make an enquiry about a product and/or services (including on our Website), provide us with feedback, asked to be placed on one of our mailing lists, or supply goods or services to Liquitab, we may also collect and hold details of the products or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries.
For each visitor to our Website, we may also collect the following non-personally identifiable information:
- browser type, version and language;
- operating system;
- pages viewed while browsing the Website; and
- page access times and referring website address.
4. Purpose of collection
If you are a customer of Liquitab or have otherwise purchased a Liquitab product, we collect your personal information primarily to:
- provide you with the goods, services and information that you request from us (including to facilitate your purchase and delivery of our products);
- provide you with information about Liquitab’s products and services;
- suggest Liquitab’s products and services to you; and
- otherwise manage our relationship with you.
If you are a Supplier or Distributor, or an employee of a Supplier or Distributor, we will collect your personal information primarily to contact you for business purposes and manage our relationship with you or your organisation.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
- assist you with enquiries, warranty claims or complaints;
- develop and improve our customer service and relationships;
- promote, advertise and market any of our products and services, including to invite you to events or activities hosted by Liquitab;
- to comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our customers or purchasers or users of Liquitab products and enforce our agreements with third parties such as your employer; and
- inform you of developments at Liquitab and other services that we can provide.
We may use information collected through our Website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic and trends.
We may use your name, email address, postal address and/or telephone number for direct marketing purposes. Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of our marketing communications. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
5. Sharing of your personal information
If you have purchased a Liquitab product, we may disclose your personal information to:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include file storage service providers, database and mailing service providers, marketing service providers; couriers and/or freight service providers, printers, call centres, providers of payment processing services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision)); or
- our professional advisors and agents.
If you are a Supplier or Distributor, or an employee of a Supplier or Distributor, we may disclose your personal information to your employer, your colleagues or end customers of our products.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you or your employer.
Those third parties will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to Liquitab or to you. Liquitab takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
6. Quality of your personal information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date.
7. Securing your personal information
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
We will retain your personal information as required by law, and then take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
9. Change in control of Liquitab
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Liquitab or our business to another organisation (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is collected by Liquitab may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.
If you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out below.
In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our Privacy Officer will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other applicable information. Our Privacy Officer will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome.
You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
11. Contacting us
Our contact details in respect of any matters in relation to privacy are: